Member recipe by paulc007
German Sauce. The best Schnell-Imbisse (fast-food stalls) make their own currywurst sauce, essentially a curry powder ÃÂflavored ketchup.
- Add 1 finely chopped large yellow onion.
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp. hot paprika
- 1 can 400g whole peeled canned tomatoes crushed
- half cup sugar
- quarter cup red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp. canola oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 finely chopped large yellow onion; cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp. curry powder and 1 tbsp. hot paprika; cook for 1 minute more.
- Using hands, crush 1 can 400g whole peeled canned tomatoes (with juice) into pan.
- Add half cup sugar, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, and salt to taste; stir well. Increase heat to high; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 25 minutes