Beetroot in Port Wine Jelly
Member recipe by patsone
- 1 packet of Port Wine Jelly - (makes 500 ml of jelly)(17fl ozs)
- 1 can of Pickled Beetroot - diced (ensure beetroot is in vinegar)
- Take one packet of Port Wine Jelly - (500ml).Empty jelly chystals into a jug and dissolve in 250ml of boiling water, stir until the jelly crystals are completely dissolved.
- 1 can of diced pickled beetroot - drained well, retain liquid - at least 250 ml -( if not add white vinegar to make up 250ml) Add this to step 1
- In a Mould or Glass Bowl arrange the diced beetroot on the bottom and carefully pour over the jelly mixture
- Place into the fridge until completely SET
- When ready to use turn the jelly out of the bowl or mould onto a plate and carefully cut into slices.
- This is a nice tasting and attractive looking relish; particularly good with cold meats and salads. Enjoy.