- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A thick, rich tomato soup with lots of vegetables.
- 1-2 small carrots
- 1 stick of celery
- Half a large potato
- 1 medium onion
- 1-2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2-3 gloves of garlic
- 1ltr chicken or vegetable stock
- 300ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1tbsp sugar
- STEP 1Cut the onion and garlic and sauté in a large pot with 1tbsp of oil or a few squirts of Fry Light.
- STEP 2Cut the carrot and celery and add to the pot with the tomato purée and the bay leaves.
- STEP 3Add the stock and potato and simmer for 5-10 minutes before adding the chopped tomatoes.
- STEP 4Add the sugar and bring to the boil then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- STEP 5Remove the bay leaves and use a hand blender or blend in batches using a standing blender.
- STEP 6Add the milk and heat gently.