Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Slow Cooker Lamb Stewed with Tomatoes and Garlic
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Cooking time: 6-8 hours. 11g carbohydrates. 640 kcal.
- 600g stewing lamb
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 75 ml dry white wine
- 75 ml lamb or beef stock
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- STEP 1Trim the fat and cut the lamb into 2.5cm cubes. Toss in the flour to coat.
- STEP 2Heat the oil in a pan and fry the lamb for 5 minutes, stirring until browned. Transfer the lamb to the cooking pot.
- STEP 3Add the garlic and cook for seconds before adding the rosemary, wine and stock. Bring almost to the boil, stirring. Pour over the lamb.
- STEP 4Season with the salt and pepper, and stir in the tomatoes. Cover the pot with the lid, and switch the slow cooker to high. Cook for 1 hour.
- STEP 5Reduce the heat to low and cook for 6-8 hours, or until the lamb is tender. Season to taste and serve.