Slow Cooker Coq au Vin
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Cooking time: low for 6-8 hours.
- 25g butter
- 2 chicken portions
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 bacon rashers, rinded and chopped
- 25g plain flour
- 75ml chicken stock
- 150ml red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 bouqeut gourni sachet
- STEP 1Preheat the slow cooker on high.
- STEP 2Heat the butter in a frying pan, and brown the chicken pieces on all sides. Transfer to the low cooker.
- STEP 3Add the onion, garlic and bacon to the pan and fry gently until transparent.
- STEP 4Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the stock and wine, and bring to the boil. Add the bay leaves and bouquet garni, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- STEP 5Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- STEP 6Discard the bay leaf and bouquet garni before serving.