Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Cooking time: low for 6-8 hours.
- 1tbsp oil
- 25g bacon, chopped and rinded
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped.
- 1 celery stick, chopped.
- 225g minced beef
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 200g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- Rice/Potatoes/Tacos to serve
- STEP 1Preheat the slow-cooker on high.
- STEP 2Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the bacon, onion, pepper and celery until transparent.
- STEP 3Stir in the beef and fry until lightly browned and well broken up.
- STEP 4Stir in the chilli powder, kidney beans and tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- STEP 5Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- STEP 6Check and adjust the seasoning, and serve up.