Slow Cooker Chicken Casserole
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Cooking time: low for 6-8 hours.
- 25g butter
- 2 chicken pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bacon rasher, rinded and chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 225 ml chicken stock
- 1tbsp / 15ml tomato puree
- 1 bouquet garni sachet
- 115g mixed frozen sweetcorn and pepper
- STEP 1Preheat the slow cooker on high.
- STEP 2Heat the butter in a frying pan, and brown the chicken on all sides. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- STEP 3Add the onions, garlic, bacon, carrots and celery to the pan and fry for 4 minutes.
- STEP 4Stir in the flour, then gradually stir in the stock, tomato puree, bouquet garni and seasoning, and bring to the boil - stirring continuously. Pour over the chicken.
- STEP 5Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- STEP 6About 30 minutes before serving, stir in the sweetcorn and peppers.
- STEP 7Discard the bouquet garni, and season to taste.