Chocolate lime cheesecake
Member recipe by pariss
- 425g soft cream cheese (I used light Philadelphia)
- 75g icing sugar
- 200ml double cream
- 2/3 limes, zest only
- 250g of chocolate cookies (I used Maryland double chocolate)
- 100g butter
- First melt the butter in a saucepan, meanwhile crush the biscuits into a fine rubble with rolling pin or whatever you have to hand! Combine the butter and cookie mix thoroughly so the cookie mix is completely coated. Pour into a spring form cake tin (23cm) and press down firmly and evenly. Allow to cool slightly in the fridge.
- Combine the cream cheese, lime zest and icing sugar in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Add the cream and continue to whisk ( preferably by hand) for a couple of minutes until fairly firm and thick.
- Pour over the biscuit base and smooth out evenly. You can sprinkle on some extra lime zest for decoration.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight, remove from the fridge and allow to warm slightly before serving, this helps with removing from the tin. If you have difficulty removing the cheesecake use a warm cloth to wipe around the edge of the tin to warm it slightly.