Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Plain Chocolate Muffins
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 3 mins cooling time
- Makes Cakes
In This There Is no Need For Chocolate Chips
- 230g butter at room temperature
- 140g caster sugar
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 430g plain flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 250ml milk
- 340g plain chocolate chips
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 375F, 190C gas 5
- STEP 2Grease ten muffin cups, or use paper cases.
- STEP 3With an electric mixer, cream the butter until soft. Add both sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- STEP 4Sift together the flour and baking powder,
- STEP 5Fold into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk.
- STEP 6Divide the mixture between the muffin cups.
- STEP 7Bake until lightly coloured, - about 25 minutes. Let the muffins stand to cool for 5 minutes before turning the chocolate muffins out of the tin to cool further.