spiced carrot soup
Member recipe by padwan88
- 1kg carrots, chopped
- 2 whole chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 can light coconut milk
- Handful of fresh coriander
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100ml water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saute pan with a lid sweat the onions, garlic and chillies together. Do not colour the onions. Cook on a medium heat for around 4 minutes
- Add the chopped carrots and water. Cook on a high heat until boiling, then reduce to a low heat and simmer. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until carrots are tender
- Once tender add the coconut milk, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- In a processor, spoon portions of the carrot mix into the processor bowl and whisk until smooth. Can add more water here if the mix appears to thick. If too thin then add more coconut milk. Once all the carrot mix has been whisked until smooth, place back into the pan.
- Chop up the herbs and season to taste. Cook until all warmed through. Serve in warmed soup bowls with a warm crusty roll and butter :)