Parma Violet Victoria Cake
Member recipe by Elloisa
- 110g Butter or Margarine
- 110g Caster Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 94g Self Raising Flour
- 16g Parma Violets
- Iceing sugar to dust
- 200g Cream (Can use double or whipping)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- This recipie has been used with two 15-15.5cm (6-6 1/2inch) tins and takes 15 mins to bake.
- If using one 18-19cm (7-7 1/2inch) tin bake for 45 mins or if using two 18-19cm (7-7 1/2inch) tins bake for 18 mins. If the tins are of this size the Fat and Caster Sugar should be increased to 175g, 3 eggs used, 150g flour and 25g Parma Violets.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4-5 (180-190C/ 350-375F).
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light. Gradually beat in the eggs. Don't worry if you cannot remove all the lumps as they can be removed aesily later.
- Sift the flour and Parma Violets into the mixture, fold gentley allowing air into the mixture. If there are still any lumps, lightly flatten the mixture with the back of a spoon.
- Divide the mixture between two greased and lighty floured baking tins. Place in the oven just above the center for 15mins.
- Whilst the cake is in the oven (or is cooling down) add the vanilla extract to the cream and whip till thick and slice the strawberries.
- When the cake is cool layer on the cream and fruit on the base cake, enough to suit yourself, and place the top cake on top. Dust with iceing sugar and sprinkle some blueberries ontop!