Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Herbs Summer Salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
A fresh light herby salad
- 100g Penne Pasta
- 2 Sprigs of Thyme
- Handful of Basil roughly chopped
- 5-6 Mint leaves roughly chopped
- ½ red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- tbsp mixed seeds crushed
- handful of rocket
- handful of spinach
- tbsp butter
- tbsp balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- 20g parmesan
- STEP 1add salt and a drop of olive oil to a pan of water and bring to the boil. Once boiling add the pasta.
- STEP 2while the pasta is cooking, roughly chop your basil and mint leaves. slide the thyme leaves from the stalk. finely chop the chilli. and crush the mixed seeds in a pestle and mortar. Add all these ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- STEP 3Add your rocket and spinach to the bowl aswell. mix well with the tips of your fingers
- STEP 4Add the butter and balsamic vinegar to a saucpan. When the butter starts to melt add the mixing bowl ingredients. stir well untill all the butter has melted and all the ingredients are coated. Take off the heat and add salt and pepper to season. leave it to cool.
- STEP 5when the pasta is cooked according to the packet guidelines drain with a colinder. Mix the pasta with the salad
- STEP 6spoon the salad into bowls and grate the parmesan over the top.
- STEP 7And there you have a fresh summer salad that will leave you wanting more...