Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
spiced hazelnut mince pies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 30minutes for refridgeration
- A challenge
- Makes Pies
a rich pastry - melts in the mouth. Something very special for mince pies
- 225g plain flour
- 75g ground hazelnuts (roasted)
- 80g icing sugar
- 2tsp mixed spice
- 185g cold butter chopped coarsely
- 1 egg yolk
- 2tsp iced water
- 375g mincemeat
- 1 beaten egg
- STEP 1Blend flour, ground hazelnuts, sugar, spice and butter in a food processor until crumbly. Whilst motor still running add egg yolk and enough water to make ingredients come together.
- STEP 2Turn dough on to floured surface, knead gently till smooth and then wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- STEP 3Pre heat oven 220C and grease patty tins.
- STEP 4Roll out half pastry between sheets of greaseproof paper until 5 mm thick. Cut out 18 rounds to fit tin and then fill with mincemeat.
- STEP 5Roll out other half and make lids for the mince pies. Brush with beaten egg and bake for about 25 minutes and then stand for a further 10 minutes. Dust with icing sugar