Honey Mustard Baked Gammon
Member recipe by oliveoil0
It wouldn't be Christmas without a ham but this year give this traditional Christmas dish a modern twist that will have friends and family talking about your culinary skills right into the New Year! Baked Gammon with a Grey Poupon Wholegrain Mustard and honey creates a delicious balance of flavour.
- Gammon (boneless) un-smoked 3kg
- 1/2 jar clear honey
- 1/2 jar Grey Poupon Wholegrain mustard
- 1 small tub of glace cherries
- 12 whole cloves
- Trim the outer layer of fat off the gammon and score
- Mix the honey and mustard together and set aside
- Refer to specific oven cooking instructions and calculate how long you need to roast the gammon and place in an oven proof dish
- Season with salt and pepper
- When 30 minutes cooking time remains remove from oven and stud the cloves into the gammon and decorate with the glace cherries and glaze generously with the honey and mustard mixture.
- Continue to baste every 10 minutes.
- Can be served hot or cold