Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Shortbread All Butter
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
Crisp thin and light as ideal for brûlée
- 200g Softened Butter
- 250g Plain Flour
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 2 Egg Yolks
- Pinch of Salt
- Vanilla Extract or Essence to flavour
- STEP 1Beat butter and sugar for 2 mins until light and fluffy in mixer longer by hand
- STEP 2Add egg yolk 1 at a time then add vanilla extract or essence for a further 30 seconds
- STEP 3Add sifted flour gradually to mix while beating very slowly then knead together on cold bench for 30 seconds
- STEP 4Add a dusting of flour and cut into 2 pieces and gently flatten by hand so it’s easier to roll, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for an hr before rolling.
- STEP 5Remove from fridge and roll to required thickness, cut and bake in a preheated oven at about 150degrees C until golden. Depending on thickness,.. about 12-16 mins. Cool and sprinkle with some caster sugar if required