Spicey Duck Breast & Noodles
Member recipe by nwillcoc
- For the duck breast:
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- Half tsp black peppercorns (1 tsp if you want spicier)
- Half tsp salt
- 2 duck breasts, fat scored with a sharp knife
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- For the noodles:
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 3 large banana shallots, finely sliced
- 300g thin thread noodles (straight to wok work well)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp mild/medium curry powder
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 tsp fresh chives, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Grind the coriander, salt and black peppercorns in a pestle and mortar and rub the spice rub over the scored duck breast and place skin-side down into a small, ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the breast for five minutes, until the skin is browned. Drain off the released duck fat and turn the breast.
- Add the soy sauce and honey and fry for one minute, then transfer to the oven for 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and rest the duck breast for one minute.
- To make the noodles. While the duck rests place the oil in a non-stick wok over a high heat. Add the shallot and stir fry for one minute.
- Add the noodles, soy sauce, chilli and curry powder and stir fry for one minute.
- Add the egg and stir fry until cooked through.
- To serve, place the noodles onto a plate, place the thinly sliced duck breast on top and sprinkle with chives.