Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
Semiya has always been my favourite dessert. Sometimes my mom used to make it specially on Raksha bandhan, it was a staple. Although she used a lot of ghee and dry fruits, I have just tried to keep it simple and guilt free. Its always better to have something to cool down your hunger and cravings rather than suppress it inside. Lets see, if this accomplishes your cravings too :)
- 1. 1 tsp ghee
- 2. 1 cup of semiya
- 3. 4 cups of milk ( I used 2% fat )
- 4. 1/2 cup of sugar ( I used 1/4 cup, depends on your taste )
- 5. 1/2 cup of dry fruits , crushed
- 6. 2-3 strands of saffron dipped in 1 tsp of milk and kept aside.
- STEP 1Heat ghee into a pan, add semiya and roast till mild brown. Keep Aside. Roast dry fruits in the same pan without adding more ghee. Keep aside.
- STEP 2Add milk to it and bring the gas to medium. When milk starts boiling add semiya and keep the flame to low. Keep stirring in between for avoiding from sticking down to the pan.
- STEP 3When the milk gets to half of its quantity, add sugar into it and mix well.
- STEP 4Add saffron strands and dry fruits. Let it covered for a while. Serve warm.
- STEP 5Notes:
- STEP 61. If you are not weight concious and preparing it for a party, add 1 can of condensed milk to this recipe for best results. Also roast the dry fruits in ghee instead of dry roasting.