Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Healthy Oats and Til Bar
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 5 minutes cooling time.
- Makes Bars
Sesame and Oats bar, very easy to prepare and serves a perfect healthy snack.
- 2 CUPS GRATEd JAGGERY (Gur)
- 1 CUP PUFFED RICE ( Murmura )
- 1/4 CUP SESAME SEEDS (til)
- 1/4 CUP PEANUTS
- 1/2 CUP QUICK ROLLED OATS
- 1 TSP CARDEMOM POWDER
GHEE FOR GREASING THALI
- 1 tsp ghee
- STEP 1Melt 1/2 tsp ghee on a griddle and roast Sesame seeds till brown on a low flame. Note that they should not burn black. Keep aside
- STEP 2Roast rolled oats and peanuts separately. ( you can use little ghee here, I just roasted them plain dry)
- STEP 3Make a syrup of jaggery, 1/2 tsp of ghee and a little water ( just to make it thick consistency syrup )
- STEP 4Mix all the roasted ingredients, puffed rice and cardamom powder to this jaggery syrup and stir well till mixed.
- STEP 5Pour the mixture in a greased thali and spread evenly. Let the misture cool down for 5 min.
- STEP 6Cut into squares.. Store in an airtight container. Njoy !!