Dum Bhindi- Awadhi style
Member recipe by nupurk23
Bhindi is our all time favourite. Reason being, I can experiment with it a lot. Sometimes bhindi aalu, bhindi tava, crunchy bhindi and now Dum bhindi.. This awadhi style recipe is a sure delight for Bhindi Lovers..
- 1. 250 gm Okra ( bhindi), slit lengthwise but kept intact
- 2. 1 cup yoghurt ( dahi )
- 3. 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 4. Salt to taste
- 5. Green chillies, chopped finely
- 6. 2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 7. 2 tsp Ginger- garlic paste
- 8. Turmeric powder ( haldi)
- 9. 2-3 dried red chillies.
- 10. Chopped cilantro ( Dhaniya)
- Blend yoghurt with garam masala, salt, dried red chillies, Ginger-garlic paste and half of green chillies.
- Soak Okra in the yoghurt mixture for around 20 minutes. Keep aside
- Heat the oil in the pan, add remaining green chillies and turmeric powder and stir fry for a minute.
- Add Okra and yoghurt mixture and cook covered for around 5-6 minutes on a medium flame.
- Sprinkle a little garam masala on the topa nd cook again for 10 minutes. At the end cook it uncovered till the water evaporates. It will take around 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro :)