Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Banana and Walnut Bread
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
Simple Banana and Walnut Bread
- 8oz Self Raising Flour
- 4oz Butter
- 4oz Light Muscovado Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Large Bananas Mashed
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 80g Packet Chopped Walnuts
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 170C. Lightly grease and base line a 2lb loaf tin
- STEP 2Put the butter, sugar, eggs, mashed banana and Vanilla Essence into a bowl and beat well.
- STEP 3Add the flour and stir into the mixture. Remove about 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts from the packet (for the top) and mix remainder into the mixture.
- STEP 4Transfer to the prepared tin, scatter the reserved walnuts on top and bake in a central oven position for about 50 mins until we’ll risen and a knife gently pressed into the bread comes out clean.
- STEP 5Allow to rest in tin for about 10 mins then turn onto a wire tray to cool.
- STEP 6When cold wrap in greaseproof paper and tinfoil.