Creamy fish pie
Member recipe by norathepixie
A quick, easy and very tasty recipe, perfect for a mid-week meal and getting vegetables into your diet!
- 500g boneless, skinless white fish fillet (e.g. cod or haddock)
- 400ml milk
- 750g potatoes
- 2 large tomatoes
- 4 spring onions
- 2 tbsp soft butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp flour
- 100g frozen peas, defrosted
- Put the milk and fish into a saucepan with some salt and pepper for seasoning, bring the milk to the boil and bubble gently for five minutes before removing fish with a fish slice and leaving to cool. Don't get rid of the milk!
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into chunks, boil in lightly salted water for 10-15 minutes until soft. Once cooked, drain and mash, adding two tbsp of milk from the fish saucepan and a tbsp of butter. Meanwhile, gently break the fish into flakes with a fork.
- Slice the tomatoes and spring onions into chunks. Mix the flour with a little milk and a tbsp of butter in a saucepan and let it bubble gently for 1 minute before adding the fish, peas, spring onions and tomatoes.
- Turn your grill onto medium. Pour the fish mixture into a 2 litre ovenproof dish and then spoon the potato on top. Cook under the grill until the potato becomes golden.