Courgettes and Chilli Bean Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Tasty and quick soup making the most of a courgettes glut
- 500g courgettes roughly chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic sliced
- 500mls boiling water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 400g can red kidney beans in chilli sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated cheddar and/or soured cream to serve if desired
- STEP 1Roughly chop the courgettes and put in a large saucepan. Add garlic, water and vegetable stock cube and cook on medium heat till they soften.
- STEP 2Remove from the heat and add half the tin of chilli beans. Whizz to a thick soup.
- STEP 3Put the soup back in the saucepan and add the remainder of the chilli beans leaving them whole. Reheat, adding seasoning to taste and a little more boiling water if it is too thick.
- STEP 4Serve as it is or add cheese and/or soured cream.