Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 9
fairly healthy, easy chocolate chip cookies.
- 80g Butter (softened)
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- 1 Egg
- 125g Plain Flour
- 1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- a pinch of salt
- 50g chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 180C. Line one baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- STEP 2Put the butter and sweetener into a bowl and beat until creamy. Beat in the vanilla and egg
- STEP 3Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into the bowl and mix it in with a wooden spoon. Add the chocolate chips and stir well.
- STEP 4put in the fridge for 5 minutes
- STEP 5Use a teaspoon to make small scoops of the mixture, spacing them well apart on the baking trays. This mixture should make about 9 cookies.
- STEP 6Bake for 8–10 mins until they are light brown on the edges and still slightly soft in the center if you press them.
- STEP 7Leave on the tray for a couple of minutes to set and then lift onto a cooling rack.