Crushed baby potatoes with garlic and herbs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Allow 5-10 minutes to finish on the barbecue if required.
- Serves 4
A simple, tasty, healthy verstile recipe that is at home on the barbecue, or on the hob.
- 300g Baby potatoes (Jersey Royals are probably best)
- 75ml Olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove crushed
- handful of green leafy herbs chopped (we like lovage)
- STEP 1Clean and boil the potatoes.
- STEP 2Measure out the oil, skin and crush the garlic and finely chop the herbs while the potatoes are cooking.
- STEP 3Drain the potatoes, and let any excess water evaporate. Add the garlic herbs and olive oil, then press the potatoes, until the potatoes begin to break up. Toss and mix the ingredients together, until the potatoes are evenly covered by the herb and oil mix.
- STEP 4If barbecueing, double wrap in foil and finish off on the barbecue, then serve.