Lentil and spinach curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Easy, cheap and nutritious - perfect for students!
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 0.5 tsp garam masala
- 1.5 tsp mild curry powder
- 100g red lentils, rinsed
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 250 ml water
- 1 can chickpeas
- 200g baby spinach (or a few blocks of frozen will do)
- STEP 1Heat some olive oil in a large saucepan and saute onion and garlic for 3 mins.
- STEP 2Stir in the spices and lentils and cook for 1 min.
- STEP 3Pour in the water and tomatoes and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15-20 mins until lentils are swollen.
- STEP 4Stir in the chickpeas and spinach and cook for 5 mins stirring to help the spinach wilt.