Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Easy Thai-style Eggs with Sweet Tamarind sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This is fabulous finger food as part of a Thai menu or a great light lunch with sticky rice or a salad.
- 8 eggs
- 50g Thai Taste palm sugar
- 40ml Thai Taste fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Thai Taste tamarind
- 1 tsp Thai Taste red chilli paste
- Vegetable oil for shallow frying
- 4 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- Bunch of coriander
- STEP 1Place the eggs in a pan of boiling water and boil for 6 minutes.
- STEP 2Drain and plunge in cold water then allow to cool then peel.
- STEP 3Mix the palm sugar, fish sauce, tamarind sauce and chilli paste together in a small pan and simmer gently until the sugar has dissolved.
- STEP 4Fill a deep frying pan with 2cm vegetable oil and heat until it sizzles add a slice of shallot to test the temperature). Add the shallots and garlic to the pan and fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- STEP 5Shallow fry the eggs in the oil for3-4 minutes, turning until golden brown all over and drain on kitchen paper.
- STEP 6Cut the eggs in half and arrange on a plate, drizzle with the tamarind sauce and sprinkle with the shallots and garlic and garnish with coriander leaves.