Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Mediterranean Grilled Haloumi
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
Reminiscent of the mediterranean summer - warm and flavoursome.
- 150 g Haloumi
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 leaf of spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp peppercorns in brine
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- A few fresh mint leaves
- STEP 1Slice the haloumi into slices about 1 cm thick. In a non-stick coated grilling pan, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat.
- STEP 2Sprinkle the spring onion slices into the pan and let fry for about a minute. Lay the haloumi slices in the pan, slightly separated from each other. After about 2 minutes, sprinkle in the pine nuts, seeds, and garlic, and let grill.
- STEP 3When the underside of the haloumi has orange-brown lines, flip the haloumi slices over. Sprinkle in the peppercorns and let grill until the second side has orange-brown lines.
- STEP 4Remove from the pan and drizzle over the lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt to taste and add the fresh mint for that gentle aroma. Let the haloumi cool off for a minute or two and eat while warm.