Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pork and Chorizo Burgers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 4
These burgers have a bit of a kick to them, a perfect way to spice up a barbecue. Also great served with paprika sweet potato fries as an alternative to a regular burger.
- 400g Pork Mince
- 75g Chorizo
- 1 Large Red Onion
- 1/2 Regular Cooking Apple
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 Medium Chilli (This can be altered depending on taste)
- 1 Egg
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper to season
- STEP 1Separate the mince into a large bowl. Dice the chorizo into small chunks about 1cm by 1cm and add to the bowl.
- STEP 2Finely dice the onion, apple, garlic and chilli and add to the bowl, season to taste. (These want to be diced small enough so that you will not notice chunks of them in the finished burger.)
- STEP 3Add the egg to the bowl and turn all the ingredients together with your fingers making sure that all are thoroughly incorporated. Whilst doing this don't be afraid to squash the mince together breaking up the stranded shape it holds. Once you are happy with this mixture separate into 4 balls and shape into your burger. Wrap in cling film and leave in the fridge for an hour.
- STEP 4Pre-heat your oven to 180 place the burgers on a grill tray and cook for 25-30 min, turning halfway through. Serve on a bun with some lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise to garnish.