- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 4 slices.
An original French Toast coming straight from my family in France.
- 4 Slices of Bread
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup or Golden Syrup
- 2 Eggs
- Icing Sugar (optional)
- STEP 1If you want to, cut the crusts off your bread. First crack your eggs into a small bowl. Once you have checked there are no shells, you can put it into a bigger bowl.
- STEP 2Butter your bread. Spread it thinly on both sides of the bread. It will improve the flavour.
- STEP 3Add the cinnamon, vanilla and syrup into the bowl. Stir it gently, making sure there are no lumps. It should be the same texture as pancake mix.
- STEP 4Place your bread into the bowl, letting it soak up everything. Flip it over to ensure each part is covered. After leaving it in the bowl take it out and shake off any excess.
- STEP 5Turn on your frying pan and add a bit of butter. Add the bread to the pan. Depending on the size of your pan, you may not be able to do them all together so you might have to do them individually.
- STEP 6Once the bread looks Syrup colour, they are ready to be taken out. Place them on a dish of your choice, and sprinkle icing sugar over them (optional).