Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Banana Carob Muffins
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 6 muffins
These sugar-free muffins get their sweet and particular flavor from the carob powder.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 tsp chia seeds plus 6 teaspoons of water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup wholewheat flour
- 1/4 cup carob powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- STEP 1First make your chia egg by mixing the seeds with the water. Let it rest while mixing your dry ingredients.
- STEP 2Mash the bananas and add the oil, vanilla and chia egg.
- STEP 3Combine the dry ingredients to the wet and spoon the dough in the muffin tins. Bake for about 20 minutes in a 180°C oven.