Tuna, pepper and kidney bean salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
Quick, easy meal - So Delicious and nutritious, protien packed salad that won't leave you hungry but satisfied. Serves 2/3
- 2x 120g can tuna, drained
- 1 can kidney beans
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 mini ice berg lettuce
- Small bag salad leave
- Large handful Pumpkin seeds
- *Optional* 1 avocado, stoned and squared
- Juice from one lemon
- STEP 1First, chop the lettuce and wash with the salad leaves. Then place in a large salad bowl. Place the tuna, drained, in the center.
- STEP 2Using a non-stick frying pan, lightly grease it, then add the drained and washed kidney beans. Cook for 3-5 minutes on a medium heat until soft-ish. Meanwhile you can chop the bell peppers to edible sizes, Then tip the beans into your salad bowl.
- STEP 3Return your pan to the heat and turn it to high. Once the pan is hot, place the peppers in and keep the pan moving. The pan should be so hot that the peppers sizzle and start to charcoalise quite quickly, you can add the seeds in now, once they are slightly black for flavour, add them to the salad.
- STEP 4Finally add the avocado if you are using it, season to your desired taste and squeeze over the lemon juice.