Honey Roast Pears
Member recipe by ashleigh_red
Grown in the Western Cape delicious South African pears are available in a range of varieties from January through to October
- 100g honey
- 1 orange and 1 lemon, juice and thinly peeled rind
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 4 South African Forelle pears, unpeeled, halved, cores removed
- 2 tsp orange-blossom water, or to taste
- Serve with: Thick Plain Yoghurt and Chopped Pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Simmer the honey, juices, rinds, vanilla bean and seeds in a small saucepan over a medium heat until reduced to a light syrup (8-10 minutes).
- Place the pears, cut-side up in a roasting pan large enough to fit the pears snugly. Pour over the honey mixture and roast, basting occasionally, until tender and beginning to caramelise (20-25 minutes).
- Remove the pears from pan, stir through the orange-blossom water and serve the pears and syrup with