Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Hass Avocado, Quinoa and Radish Salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Quinoa (pronounced ‘keen-wah’) is delicious in salads – and so easy to prepare. Try it in this recipe, where it’s combined with crunchy radish and green beans, with creamy-soft Peruvian Hass avocado.
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 200g quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 200g fine green beans, trimmed and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g radish, trimmed and sliced
- 50g mixed salad leaves
- STEP 1Put the rinsed quinoa into a saucepan and cover with plenty of cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until tender. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain well.
- STEP 2Meanwhile, cook the green beans in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes, until just tender. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool them quickly.
- STEP 3Rub the cut surfaces of the garlic clove around the inside of a large serving bowl, then discard it (this will give a hint of garlic to the salad). Add the olive oil, lemon juice and cumin. Season with salt and pepper and whisk together.
- STEP 4Tip the drained quinoa and beans into the serving bowl and add the radish, avocado and salad leaves. Toss together gently, then serve immediately.