- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
Courgette, onion and mustard teamed up with Parmesan cheese in a delicious bake makes a healthy and delicious supper or side dish.
- 4 - 5 medium courgettes, sliced thinly length ways
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 150 ml low fat creme fraiche
- 2 - 3 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2-3 handfuls parmesan cheese or similar, grated finely
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- STEP 1Pre-heat an oven to 180°C.
- STEP 2Add the oil to a large frying pan. Heat and add the courgettes and onions. Heat on a medium setting until the vegetables have softened ( about 10 mins). Season with black pepper and a little salt.
- STEP 3Transfer the vegetables to an oven proof dish so the the dish is close to full.
- STEP 4Mix together the mustard and creme fraiche in a bowl. Once mixed, transfer to the vegetables and mix in thoroughly.
- STEP 5Heat in the oven at 180°C for 20 minutes. After this time, remove and add the grated Parmesan.
- STEP 6Return to the oven for a further 20 minutes.
- STEP 7Serve as a main dish or as a side dish.