Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Thin rice noodles stir-fry Chinese style
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Simple and healthy home-style Chinese thin rice noodle stir fry
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pack thin brown rice noodles (Sen Mee)
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 10 large peeled prawns, cut into large pieces
- 1/4 head of cabbage, sliced
- 1 small bunch spring onions, chopped
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1tbsp light soy sauce
- 1tbsp Thai fish sauce
- Pinch chilli powder
- STEP 1Soak brown rice noodles in water in a bowl. In a separate bowl, soak dried shiitake mushrooms. Once mushrooms are soft, slice them.
- STEP 2Fry thinly sliced shallots in oil until light golden brown then set aside on a plate
- STEP 3Fry garlic until fragrant, add prawns, fry for 1 minutes until prawns turn pink, add sliced mushrooms and cabbage. Stir fry for 5 minutes until soft
- STEP 4Season the mixture with 1tbsp fish sauce, 1tbsp soy sauce, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar and 1tsp of ground pepper. Add rice noodles to the pan and mix well.
- STEP 5Take of the heat and stir through fried shallots, chopped spring onions and coriander. Sprinkle with chilli powder before serving.