Keeping Mint Sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- 2/3 weeks standing in the jar.
- Serves 20
A perfect condiment for roast lamb. Plus you can use it to brighten mushy peas up.
- 2 grams dried mint
- 280ml malt vinegar
- 6g demerara sugar
- 1 flat teaspoon salt
- STEP 1Boil the vinegar, sugar and salt
- STEP 2Add mint to mixture as it comes to the boil, and remove from the heat immediately.
- STEP 3Stir well and pour into pre-warmed jar. Leave for 2/3 weeks, then use. No need to refrigerate. If you have leftover mint once the vinegar has been used, you can add more sweet vinegar to the jar.