Creamy pork and mushroom casserole
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- One tbsp of olive oil
- About 500g of pork steaks (cut into chunks)
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- One small onion (chopped)
- About three rashers of smoked bacon (chopped)
- A glass of white wine
- About 100-150g of mushrooms (chopped)
- A chicken stock cube or similar
- Flour or cornflour to thicken
- Salt and pepper
- About 75g of double cream
- STEP 1Fry the bacon, onions and garlic in the oil, in a pan until soft.
- STEP 2Add the pork and fry till browned slightly.
- STEP 3Add the mushrooms, wine, cream, stock salt and pepper. Mixing it all in gently.
- STEP 4Cook slowly on a low heat, stirring occasionally. This takes about 30 minutes or so to be ready.
- STEP 5Add flour to thicken if needed. Serve with mashed potatoes and green vegetables and carrots.