Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 4
If you love spicy food then Shakshuka is for you! These baked eggs are so easy to make and are ideal for brunch, especially when served with pitas, sourdough bread or even toast.
- 800 g of fresh or canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 chopped peppers (red or orange)
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp of paprika or smoked paprika
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 bunch of roughly chopped coriander
- 1/2 spring onion roughly chopped
- 85 gr of crumbled feta (optional)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- STEP 1Heat a teaspoon or two of olive oil in a deep pan on a medium heat
- STEP 2Place the peppers and onion in the pan and let them cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin and a sprinkle of salt. Let it cook a further 5 minutes, stirring regularly
- STEP 3Add the tomatoes, stir once again and let it simmer for approximately 10 minutes, stirring regularly
- STEP 4Crack each egg into the pan. Add the crumbled feta at this stage and turn the heat down to low
- STEP 5Let the shakshuka simmer for 7-10 minutes.
- STEP 6Before serving, sprinkle the chopped onion and coriander over the top and season with a little salt and pepper