Honey & Mango Chilli Meatballs
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 6
Exciting meatballs with Root Ginger Manuka Honey & Mango!
- 700g lean beef mince
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced chili
- 2 tablespoons New Zealand Honey Co. Manuka Honey With Root Ginger
- 1 cup chopped mango (fresh or canned)
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
1 cup plain flour, for rolling
- 1 cup plain flour, for rolling
1 1/2 cup canola oil for deep frying
- 1 1/2 cup canola oil for deep frying
- STEP 1Place all of the ingredients in food processor and mix until well blended. The mixture should be firm but mushy like sausage meat.
- STEP 2With a spoon, roll the mix into balls and coat in flour and then set aside on plate.
- STEP 3Slowly heat the oil in a deep frying pan. After a couple of minutes test heat with a sprinkle of flour - if it instantly sizzles, you're ready to go.
- STEP 4Place the meatballs into a frying pan, cook until golden brown and turn over. When both sides are cooked, remove from pan and place on a serving dish.
- STEP 5Serve on their own, or with a dipping sauce of your choice.