Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Warm smoked mackerel with cumin seeds & lime
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
A tasty meal in any season and very quick and simple. No cookings skills needed as you are simply warming up precooked mackerel.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- half a lime or lemon if preferred
- STEP 1Place 2 mackerel fillets onto a sheet of tinfoil, big enough to then make into a neat parcel.
- STEP 2Squeeze lime or lemon juice over the fillets (to taste)
- STEP 3Sprinkle cumin seeds over the fillets (to taste)
- STEP 4Wrap the foil around the fillets and seal on top and at each end.
- STEP 5Place on a baking tray and pop into a preheated oven at 180 C for approx 10 miins or until warmed through.
- STEP 6Serve with an accompaniment of your choice, e.g., leafy salad, Mediterranean salsa, rustic bread.