Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This sushi is shaped like the traditional Japanese handball called "temari", that is cute and beautiful. It is often seen on a festive occasion. But you do not need special technique to make it and it has been enjoyed as a popular, home-cooked meal.
- 350g of cooked rice
- 65g of salmon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 of cucumber, sliced into 4 pieces lengthwise
- 2 radishes (small red turnips), thinly sliced
- 25ml of vinegar
- 10g of sugar
- 5g of salt
- STEP 1Make sushizu. Put vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small bowl, and stir everything together really well.
- STEP 2Make sumeshi. Scoop cooked rice into a big bowl, pour the sushizu and mix together. Shape sumeshi into a sphere.
- STEP 3Put salmon, cucumber and radish on a sumeshi ball and serve with soy sauce, if you like.