Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Cakes
Traditional fruity scones that all the family would like
- 250g of self raising flour
- 50g of margarine
- 125ml of milk
- 50g of raisins
- 50g of sugar
- STEP 1Pre-heat the oven to about 220C.
- STEP 2Put the flour and margarine in a bowl and rub with your fingers to make breadcrumbs.
- STEP 3Then add your 50g of raisins and 50g of sugar and mix them together.
- STEP 4Add the milk gradually and mix with a blunt knife until it forms a soft dough
- STEP 5Then bring your soft dough in to a ball. Remember don't handle the mixture too much!
- STEP 6Roll the dough out , so it is about 1.5 cm high.
- STEP 7Then with a cutter cut out the scones and place onto a baking tray and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- STEP 8Then leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- STEP 9Then you can enjoy your lovely fruity scones,