Chorizo pasta sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cook pasta
- Serves 2
A deep, spicy sauce with chunky bites of chorizo, olives, seeds and mushroom! Perfect for lunches and quick rustle up dinners :)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2tsp chilli flakes
- Handful of chorizo, sliced and halved
- 10-15g sunflower seeds
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 10 coriander leaves, ripped
- 2-3 mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 tin of tomatoes, chopped
- 1tbsp oil
- 50g pasta
- 1-2 sun-dried tomatoes
- STEP 1COOK PASTA- fill pan 1/4 to 1/2 the way of water and add a pinch of salt, then boil. Once there's bubbles pour in pasta to cook and put lid on with a little gap. Stir occasionally so pasta doesn't stick until pasta is cooked. Drain and put back in pan to stir in sauce.
- STEP 2In a small pan put oil and onion over heat until onions have sweated, 2-3mins. Then add garlic, chorizo and sunflower seeds to cook for 3-4mins.
- STEP 3Once chorizo has crisped a bit add sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, salt, pepper and chilli flakes and stir.
- STEP 4After the mushrooms have softened pour tinned tomatoes and coriander and stir. Then put lid on and leave to simmer for 5-7mins.
- STEP 5Finally, remove from heat and mix into cooked pasta and serve!