Salmon with Chorizo Rice
Member recipe by NealThompson
- For the chorizo rice
- 100g/3½oz chorizo
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 200g/7oz short-grain rice such as arborio rice
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 50g/2oz butter
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 600ml/20fl oz chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the salmon
- 4 x 150g/5oz salmon fillets, skinned
- 250g/9oz smoked salmon
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chorizo for 3-4 minutes, or until crisp. Remove the chorizo from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the remaining oil for 3-4 minutes, or until soft.
- Place the chorizo, onion, garlic, rice, tomatoes, butter and parsley into a well-buttered casserole dish. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour over the chicken stock, cover with a tight-fitting lid and bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the rice is cooked.
- Meanwhile, wrap each salmon fillet in smoked salmon and trim off any excess flesh. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and squeeze over with the lemon juice.
- Roast the salmon pieces in the oven for 6-8 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve the salmon on top of the chorizo rice.