Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
this recipe is great to use if you are looking for something to do on a rainy day. hope you enjoy it!! :)
- 1½ cups sugar (1 cup normal half cup caster)
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup (unsalted) butter, melted
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- STEP 1The assembly is about as easy as you can get. Combine the sugar, flour, salt (if using unsalted butter), cocoa, eggs and melted butter and mix.Do this by hand, until the dry ingredients are just incorporated into the wet but remember .You don’t need to beat it, and in fact want to avoid producing gluten from the flour. (Kneading flour produces gluten, the springy protein that makes bread chewy.)
- STEP 2Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.Pour the batter and spread it out. Don’t try to spread it like mayo on bread, or you’ll move the parchment around. Poke at it with the tip of a rubber spatula.
- STEP 3Bake at 250° for 20-30 minutes. It’s done when a toothpick inserted in the tallest part comes out clean. Keep in mind you’ve got chips in there. If you hit one with the toothpick it will have melted chocolate on it. You might need to poke a couple of spots to make sure you aren’t hitting a chip. slice into 4 long strips half it and half it again . serve and enjoy please comment when you have made this