Gluten Free, Low Cal Tortilla Pizzas with Fried Egg
- Preparation and cooking time
- Frying the egg
- Serves 1
Perfect for a light lunch, dinner or part of a summer buffet! This simple recipe provides two mini low-cal tortilla pizzas with a fried egg for protein.
- 2 Gluten Free Old El Paso white corn tortillas
- 35g pizza tomato and basil pizza topping
- 35g 50% less fat ready grated cheese
- 40g yellow pepper
- 35g tomatoes (3 cherry tomatoes)
- 1 large free-range egg
- oil, for frying
- STEP 1Preheat the grill to 220C. Place a baking tray under the grill to heat. Wash and chop the pepper - into small pieces - and the tomatoes - each into three slices.
- STEP 2Take 2 tortillas and spread the pizza topping equally across them so that there is a 1/2 cm gap between the sauce and the edge of the wrap. Sprinkle the cheese and vegetables evenly over both.
- STEP 3Place both tortillas on the hot baking tray and grill for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables look cooked and the edges of the tortillas turn golden and slightly crispy. During this time, heat a little oil in a pan and fry the egg. When all is cooked, turn the grill and hob off and warm a plate for a few moments in the cooling oven. Serve on the plate however you like.