Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sechuan Pepper and Honey Pork
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 24 hours marinating time
- Serves 5
Aromatic pepper, honey and soy. Perfect served hot with noodles or used the next day for a tasty asian pork salad.
- 1 pork neck, boned, skin off
- 100g crushed fresh ginger
- 30g crushed fresh garlic
- 500ml light soy sauce
- 500ml honey
- 50g sechuan pepper corns, crushed
- 10g black pepper corns, crushed
- STEP 1Combine all ingredients except pork neck.
- STEP 2Place pork neck into a dish large enough to hold all the marinade. Pour over marinade and refridgerate for 24 hours.
- STEP 3Heat oven to 150C. Remove pork from marinade and place in baking tray. Roast for 2.5 to 3 hours uncovered, or until tender. Baste regularly with remaining marinade.
- STEP 4The pork will caramelise quite a lot, do not let it burn but a dark crust only adds to the final flavor.