Strawberry and Vanilla Jam
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 4 - 6 Jars
- 2kg strawberries hulled and dry, chopped if too big
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1.8kg jam sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Dash of balsamic vinegar (optional)
- STEP 1Put the strawberries and sugar in a large pan and slit the vanilla pod in two. Extract the seeds and add to pan with the pod. Bring to the boil and then add the lemon juice and the balsamic vinegar if using.
- STEP 2Bring to a rapid boil until it reaches setting point. Discard the vanilla pod and pour the jam into sterilised jars and seal.