Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Gluten Free Chocolate brownie
- Preparation and cooking time
- half to one hour to cool.
- Makes 12 - 15 portions
This recipe can be made with or without Gluten Free Flour, its just as good either way. You could also add your favorite nuts to the recipe if you wish, but I like mine without, nicely baked on the top with a rich soft oozing chocolaty middle.
- 150g/5oz dark chocolate (70% Cocoa for best results)
- 225g/8oz butter
- 5 large eggs
- 450g/1lb Caster sugar
- 110g/4oz Plain Flour or Gluten free flower
- 55g/2oz cocoa powder
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 190c/gas mark 5 and line a 8 x 12 inch baking tray with parchment paper, (cut the parchment paper diagonally from each corner and fold into the corners of the tray to help get nicely into the corners of the tray)
- STEP 2Take a large mixing bowl and add the Flour, Cocoa powder and eggs and mix to a creamy texture
- STEP 3Gently melt the butter and sugar together in a large pan and prepare the chocolate by chopping roughly. (it is nice to have some chunky piece's of chocolate left in the mix as it adds to the texture of the finished Brownie)
- STEP 4Once the butter and sugar have melted, take the pan off the heat and add the creamy chocolate mixture from the bowl and stir together until well mixed.
- STEP 5Add the chopped chocolate and stir in gently. (at this stage you could also add any other ingredients you wish, like nuts, raisins, berries or little chunks of white chocolate)
- STEP 6Turn the mixture into the baking tray being sure to get the mixture right into the corners and bake in the oven for 35-40 mins until the Brownie is firm to the touch on the top (the top will begin to crack when it is cooked) but the inside is still soft.
- STEP 7Remove from the oven and leave to cool, it can then be lifted out of the tray by the parchment paper, cut into portions and served with cream or ice-cream, or just on its own.
- STEP 8Other ways to present your Brownie would be to sprinkle with chopped nuts or pieces of fruit or dust with icing sugar or cocoa powder. Or just spread with chocolate spread for a real indulgent treat.