Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Simple pizza and base
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1
An Italian classic made simple for everyone to use.
- 300g of strong bread flour
- 1 sachet of fast action yeast
- 1tbsp of oil
- 1/2 tsp of sugar
- Tomato purée
- Motzerella cheese
- Any toppings you want!
- STEP 1Put the flour into a large mixing bowl and mix in the oil, yeast, salt and sugar.
- STEP 2Pour in warm water a little at a time and mix with a table knife until the mixture clumps together.
- STEP 3using your hands, form the clumps into a ball (this may require more water).
- STEP 4Tip out and knead for 2-3 minutes (stretch, fold and turn).
- STEP 5Flatten on to a greased baking tray using your palms and knuckles.
- STEP 6Spread the tomato purée over the dough leaving a small rim then add motzerella cheese.
- STEP 7Add your own ingredients and spread over your base evenly.
- STEP 8Put into the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.